Thursday, November 10, 2016

LUNA INNOVATIONS-Q3 Conference call -Is the Terahertz Division being ignored?



My Note-I wasn't able to be a part of the LUNA innovations Q3 Conference call yesterday, and I am very disappointed in the complete lack of news about the Luna terahertz division in Ann Arbor. The Seeking Alpha transcript of the call as it relates to terahertz is found below, and was limited to a single comment by My Chung to a question, which I have re-posted below. The short comment sounds positive but come on! Let's get some news out about developments in THz at LUNA!

http://seekingalpha.com/article/4021961-luna-innovations-luna-ceo-chung-q3-2016-results-earnings-call-transcript?part=single

Gregg Hillman
And I'm not sure -- early in the call did you talk about Terahertz as a segment earlier in the call?
My Chung
No we left that out. It's not on purpose per say that part of our business is actually doing very well. They're getting very good traction, there was an article in fact recently talking about Terahertz technology, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base that just happens to be our technology. So we’re gaining traction in it, that team is working very well and we're making progress but it's not as high of a revenue stream as we are achieving today on the high speed optical receiver side.
Gregg Hillman
Is that division breakeven? The Terahertz division?
My Chung
Not yet, getting close but not quite there yet.
(My Note): The Wright-Patterson Air Force news, referred to by My Chung was posted here-

No comments: