Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Luna Innovations : Cutting Edge Developments in Terahertz and Electric Batteries for Vehicles (who said I wasn't still alive?)

 



Good morning. It's been a long time since I have made a post here on Terahertztechnology.blogspot. but I'm briefly coming out of posting "retirement" to post about the exciting developments Luna Innovations is making in the area of electric batteries for vehicles using terahertz. 

It's my understanding Luna has made some cutting edge discoveries and breakthroughs in electric battery manufacture for improved battery quality control / performance both in the lab as well as in the field. Nobody else has developed similar technology to my layman's understanding, (but do your own due diligence in this regard. ) 

This work comes out of the labs of Irl Duling and the scientists working with him in Ann Arbor, who remain at the forefront of the commercialization of terahertz technologies

https://lunainc.com/solution/batteries-and-e-mobility

These improvements are found in thermal mapping of electric batteries, which vastly improves the ability to detect rapid temperature increases and thermal runaway events. 


This is an area Luna has quietly been developing for several years and it appears the technology is now blossoming. 

https://lunainc.com/blog/fiber-optic-testing-helps-ensure-ev-battery-health-and-safety

Another major area of Luna's expertise with electrical batteries is in the area of improvements in battery pack structural improvement.  Dielectic and small fiber optic sensors developed by Luna are now able to provide new and improved measurement capabilities which are essential to improved design and manufacturing process optimization.   


(OT- Those of you who may have wondered where I have been, I intensified my practice of meditation and my interest in the neuroscience of the amazing states humans can abide and live in as a result of such practices and lost interest in posting here. However,  I will still post from time to time. 

Here is a post from last year on Mashable related to my interest in both meditation as well as it's growing interface with neurotechnology which  a few of you may find interesting. 



This article both mentions me and which also mentions both the Canadian start-up I'm an investor in & on the Board of Directors of,  Divergence Neuro Technologies, https://www.divergenceneuro.com/
The post also mentions my meditation teacher Dr. Daniel Brown of Harvard Medical School who recently passed from his physical form into the clear light of awareness. (All honor to his vast kindness, penetrating intellect and awareness. ) 

No comments: