The plastic wires are successfully developed by the THz spectroscopy as one highly directive component, which corresponds to one “ THz fiber” but possesses very small bendable angles without any flexibility within one foot. The feature requests high precision criteria in spatial of a time-domain spectroscopy, grounded on a femtosecond (fs) pulsed laser.
1. Tunable and strong evanescent field around the plastic wire in spatial and frequency domains.
2. Resolution to identify different refractive index: 0.01
3. Detectable sample morphology: liquid and solid particles.
1. Optics Express 17, 20675-20683 (2009).
2. Applied Physics Letters 96, 051105 (2010)
Detectable sample morphology and sensitivity: solid particles (22.2GHz/RIU & 0.01-
Dn), membranes (l/225, 1.22 pico-mole/mm2) and vapors (1.6nano-mole/mm3)