- Air and ground-based autonomous vehicles for agriculture
- Imaging and non-imaging sensors and agricultural applications
- Theoretical and empirical decision-oriented data-analysis techniques including machine learning.
- Tri-Technology Device Refrigeration
- Advanced Optics for Defense Applications: UV through LWIR
- Ultrafast Bandgap Photonics
- Long-Range Imaging
- Anomaly Detection and Imaging with X-rays
- Computational Imaging.
SPIE is the international society for optics and photonics, an educational not-for-profit organization founded in 1955 to advance light-based science and technology. The Society serves nearly 264,000 constituents from approximately 166 countries, offering conferences and their published proceedings, continuing education, books, journals, and the SPIE Digital Library in support of interdisciplinary information exchange, professional networking, and patent precedent. SPIE provided more than $4M in support of education and outreach programs in 2014. SPIE is a Founding Partner of the International Year of Light and Light-based Technologies and a Founding Sponsor of the US National Photonics Initiative. For more information, visit www.spie.org.