- FELIX: Free-electron Laser for Infrared eXperiments
- FELICE: Free-electron Laser for IntraCavity Experiments
- FLARE: Free-electron Laser for Advanced spectroscopy and high-Resolution Experiments
In November 2012 researchers from FELIX and HFML performed a joint experiment for the first time. HFML researcher Hans Engelkamp: 'It’s difficult to transport light with a wavelength of around one millimetre without losing a lot of energy. Light with such long waves fans out quickly and is therefore hard to direct. In this experiment we focused the light in a brass tube, which acts as a mirror. However, every reflection costs energy, so the challenge is to minimise the energy loss.'
- Quantum computer a step closer with help from FELIX lab (Maart 2015)
- Preview of the new laser lab FELIX in July 2011 (in Dutch)
- Reportage of the new FLARE laser in October 2011 (in Dutch)