Thursday, January 12, 2012

Follow up to my end of the year post

Well, the year has certainly gotten off to a bang, and looking back at my comments on my end of the year post for 2011, they appear almost prescient, regarding API, and progress I anticipated it would make in the further penetration of the Industrial/Commercial THz market. In that post, I told readers that  "I’m optimistic that 2012 will be the year for API, that I had hoped 2011 would be." 


Yesterday's news about API selling industrial applications of it's T-Ray 4000, to two separate Fortune 500 companies, more than proved me right, but it certainly came much, much  sooner, and in a more grandiose fashion, than I  expected, or even hoped for.


What's exciting is that there are now 3 distinct, industrial applications of the T-Ray 4000, being used in 3 separate industries. In my opinion, it won't be long before that number will  in the thousands.  (If you follow the blog, you know that I've previously opined that I believe THz will provide the vehicle for a technological sea change in virtually every industry, and technological application we use today.)
The transformation is coming, and while API is trail-blazing a path for other terahertz companies, a number of the other THz pioneers will also get their fair share of the commercial bonanza I envision.  
http://terahertztechnology.blogspot.com/2011/01/terahertz-after-decades-of.html




The foregoing is just my opinion, and heaven knows, I've been wrong about the true state of the progress in THz before, so do your own diligence.

I also, wanted to share a new years comment, from Dr. Thorsten Maly from Bridge12 with readers which came early last week, and didn't make the original post. Thanks Doc! Please note that Doc Maly, publicly follows this blog, and hence will always get a plug for Bridge12, by me here. If you don't follow the blog,  please consider doing so, and please check out the Bridge12 newsletter, and blog, listed below.


Hi Randy,


Thanks for making us your top 3 pick of your 2011 top blog stories. I'm reading your blog with much interest and feeling really bad that I haven't commented yet either because the phone rings or I get another email I need to answer right away. Our prototype is coming along well and we hope that we are able to assemble the complete demo system at Agilent's facilities in Loveland in the next coming months.


Thanks again for mentioning us.
Cheers and Happy New Year,
Thorsten
**********************************************
Thorsten Maly
Bridge12 Technologies, Inc.
37 Loring Drive
Framingham, MA 01702, USA
Signup for our newsletter at
http://eepurl.com/M8yn
or follow our DNP-NMR blog at
http://hyperpolarization.blogspot.com/

No comments: